On this day 30 years ago, Malcolm James McCormick, famously known as Mac Miller, was born. Today, we remember the short, but influential, life he had.
Mac Miller passed away on September 7th, 2018, age 26, from an accidental overdose that shook fans of the hip-hop industry.
Miller signed his first recording deal with "Rostrum Records" in 2010 and instantly became a hit for his album "K.I.D.S," which was released in 2010.
He gained popularity after the 2011 release of his "Best Day Ever" album, which included hit songs such as "Donald Trump" and "Best Day Ever."
Miller has one posthumous album called "Circles," which was released in 2020, around two years after the rapper passed away.
He was also nominated for Best Rap Album in 2019 at the Grammy's for his "Swimming" album.
Fans resonated heavily with Miller's music and lyrics. Many took to Twitter to grieve the loss:
His popularity skyrocketed even more when he began dating pop-icon Ariana Grande in 2016. They broke up shortly before he tragically passed away.
Check out MTV's video that was posted in memory of Mac Miller on his birthday:
- A Complete Timeline Of Ariana Grande's Eras - Celebrity Page ›
- The Top 10 Tiny Desks of All Time - Celebrity Page ›
- Hidden Soundcloud Gems From Your Favorite Artists - Celebrity Page ›
- 25 Love Songs To Get You In The Valentine's Day Spirit ›
- Hidden References On Ariana Grande's Album 'Positions' - Celebrity ... ›