@ 2022 Celebrity Page.
All Rights reserved

Megan Thee Stallion is opening up for the first time about the alleged shooting that occurred in July 2020 between her and Tory Lanez.

The 27-year-old rapper got emotional as she talked about the shooting in an interview with Gayle King on "CBS Mornings."

The shooting left Megan requiring emergency surgery after bullet fragments hit her feet.

“There was an argument because I was ready to go, and everybody else wasn’t ready to go,” the "Savage" rapper told King as she began to tear up.
“But that’s like normal friend stuff. We fuss about silly stuff all the time. But I never put my hands on anybody. I never raised my voice too loud. Like, this was one of them times, where it was like it shouldn’t have got this crazy.”

Megan continued to describe the way in which the incident unfolded.

“So, I get out of the car and it’s like, everything happens so fast." said Megan, whose real name is Megan Pete.
“And all I hear is this man screaming, he said, ‘Dance bitch,' and he started shooting. And I'm just like ‘Oh my god,’ like he shot me a couple of times,” she said crying.

King asked the rapper to explain Lanez's position during the shooting.

“He was standing up over the window, shooting. And I didn’t even want to move,” Megan added.
“I didn’t want to move too quick cause I’m like, ‘If I take the wrong step, I don’t know if he’s gonna shoot something that’s like super important. I don’t know if he was going to shoot me and kill me."

King asked,

“Were you afraid for your life at that time?”

To which the Grammy-winning artist responded,

“I was really scared because I had never been shot at before."

The full interview airs on April 25.

Tory Lanez, real name Daystar Peterson, was charged with a felony count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm following the incident that took place in the Hollywood Hills in July 2020. The rapper was also charged with a felony count of carrying a loaded, unregistered, firearm in a vehicle and for personal use of a firearm.

Lanez has pleaded not guilty to all charges. The case is expected to go to trial in September.

From our sponsors

From our partners

Latest news