Meghan Markle is taking on a new endeavor. She is now the author of her very first children's book, "The Bench".
The book will be called "The Bench", and will be a story of a father and son, told from the perspective of the mother, inspired by Meghan's perspective on her own husband and son.
A statement from Meghan read, "That poem became this story. Christian [Robinson, the illustrator of "The Bench", layered in beautiful and ethereal watercolor illustrations that capture the warmth, joy, and comfort of the relationship between fathers and sons from all walks of life; this representation was particularly important to me, and Christian and I worked closely to depict this special bond through an inclusive lens. My hope is that The Bench resonates with every family, no matter the makeup, as much as it does with mine."
The story "captures the evolving and expanding relationship between fathers and sons," read a press release on the matter. The statement also read that the story "reminds us of the many ways that love can take shape and be expressed in a modern family."
The book, published by Penguin Random House, will be on shelves on June 8th.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah Interview Recap ... ›
- Meghan Markle Called These Women 'Forces for Change ... ›
- Soap Star Melody Thomas Scott On Her New Book, Favorite Kiss ... ›
- Find Out All You Need To Know About Jim Carrey's New Novel ... ›
- Telma Hopkins & Bryton James Chat 'Family Matters' Reunion On 'Y&R' - Celebrity Page ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Welcome New Baby Girl - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Harry and Prince Williams Reunite for Prince Diana Statue Unveiling - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Harry to Publish Memoir in 2022 - Celebrity Page ›