Melody Thomas Scott is opening up about her new book "Always Young and Restless: My Life On and Off America's #1 Daytime Drama" and is giving us behind the scenes details!
Scott has been on the CBS series four decades! From weddings to funerals and everything in between, Scott is looking back on her amazing career. BJ Korros of The Hollywood Moment sat down (virtually) with The Young and The Restless star to get the details on her new book.
Waiting For The Right Moment
When asked why it take so long for Scott to write the book, she shared:
"My husband knew it and he would say Mel what about that book you are gonna write and he would say this to me a couple of times a year and I would say to him I'm not ready, not ready, not ready. But one day I had to wait until my insides were ready and one day I sat up in bed in the morning and I said I'm ready."
Thomas writes candidly about the highs and lows of her time in Hollywood.
"Show business often does a damaging thing to child actors especially when they become adults you know very sad stories but for me that was the only thing that gave me hope in my life and is probably what instilled the love and passion of acting in me was that WOW I get to pretend I'm normal at this studio."
Behind the Scenes: The Young and the Restless
Earlier this past year, Jaymes Vaughan sat down with another soap opera legend in Eric Braden. When asked about who the best kisser was, Braden did not spill the tea or mention Scott.
Kiss and Tell
When asked about her favorite on screen kiss:
"Well I always have a disappointing response to that which is I don't know because I never really kissed them."
For more kissing and telling, pick up her new book available August 18th!
- Rebecca Budig Returns to 'General Hospital' and More Soap Stars ... ›
- 'The Young & the Restless' is Returning to CBS - Celebrity Page ›
- Eric Braeden on 40 years of "The Young And The Restless ... ›
- Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak Talk About Their New Album - Celebrity Page ›
- Richard Burgi Returns To Daytime TV As Ashland Locke On 'Y&R' - Celebrity Page ›
- WWE Commentator Renée Paquette Releases New Cookbook 'Messy in the Kitchen' - Celebrity Page ›