Michael B. Jordan and Color of Change have launched a new campaign titled #ChangeHollywood.
Color Of Change
The plan provides steps on how Hollywood can invest in anti-racist content, Black stories, hire more Black talent and use police funds to support Black communities. The partnership between Jordan and Color For Change is a landmark step in the road to equality in Hollywood. In a statement, Michael B. Jordan shared:
"This roadmap is just the beginning of the journey to racial justice. We are all accomplices in the fight to transform Hollywood, and we invite content creators and industry leaders to join us in working together to #ChangeHollywood,"
The plan outlines several key points and how to best achieve the goals of the initiative:
Everyone has a role to play in the #ChangeHollywood Roadmap. Even if you do not have the power to adopt or implement these recommendations in full—or at all—there are still steps you can take toward getting your organization to do so. Do what you can. Keep moving forward.
If you are an individual producer at a studio or network, or a staff member at an agency or other industry organization, you probably cannot change company policy all on your own. But you can use the Roadmap Resources above to make different decisions—for instance, hiring different consultants or different security staffing. You can also use the recommendations below to organize other staff and start conversations in your organization that encourage management to engage with the Roadmap, and ultimately adopt its recommendations.
If you are individual talent or an influencer, you can negotiate certain Roadmap recommendations into your contract (where possible), and you can use your voice and influence to promote the Roadmap recommendations and resources.
If you are an executive, showrunner or a decision maker in an organization, you can adopt these recommendations and invest in them. You can also participate in conversations and task forces that are emerging across the industry to help change practices at the enterprise level.
1. DIVEST FROM THE POLICE
2. INVEST IN ANTI-RACIST CONTENT & AUTHENTIC BLACK STORIES
3. INVEST IN BLACK TALENT & CAREERS
4. INVEST IN BLACK COMMUNITIES
More info can be found on #ChangeHollywood here.
- Michael B. Jordan Calls For Change In Hollywood At LA Black Lives ... ›
- The Stars Are Heating Up The Summer on Instagram! - Celebrity Page ›
- Michael B. Jordan and Amazon Studios Launch 'A Night At The ... ›
- Michael B. Jordan Brings 'Static Shock' Back to Life - Celebrity Page ›
- Darrell Patterson Shares Fitness Tips While Training Michael B. Jordan & Porsha Williams - Celebrity Page ›
- Michael B. Jordan Will Be Directing 'Creed 3' - Celebrity Page ›