If Mindy Kaling's 2021 resolution was to get more attention, she's off to a strong start. After landing a co-writing position on the upcoming Legally Blonde 3, The Office star is now producing another comedy and bringing it to Netflix.
Netflix has given out a 10 episode straight-to-series order to a workplace comedy inspired by the front office of the Los Angeles Lakers. Written by Modern Family alum Elaine Ko, the unnamed series will explore the personal and professional dynamics between the family owners and front office workers of the most decorated sports franchise of all time: The Los Angeles Lakers. The workplace comedy will chronicle fictional team governor Eliza Reed as she journeys through the life of running a team and a family.
Mindy Kaling will be an executive producer of the show, along with Ko, Lakers president Jeanie Buss, '3 Arts' Howard Klein, and Laker's front office employee Linda Rambis.
The series is produced by Mindy Kaling's company Kaling International with Warner Bros. Television, where Kelly is under a six-year, multi-million dollar deal.
Kaling also co-creates and executive produces the hit Netflix series, Never Have I Ever which returns for a second season in July.
- WATCH: New Teaser for Netflix's Live-Action 'Cowboy Bebop' Series ... ›
- Netflix Debuts Comedic Trailer for 'Never Have I Ever' Season Two ... ›
- Oprah, Hugh Jackman, Ariana Grande, and Dwayne Johnson ... ›
- Spencer Kaling Born On September 3rd - Celebrity Page ›
- Ken Jeong Talks 'Masked Singer,' Dry Eye Awareness & Multiple Blockbuster Projects - Celebrity Page ›