Just last night, Ariana Grande released her new single positions and its music video with it. The video was directed by Dave Meyers, who not only has directed some of her other music videos, but has also done the photography for her Sweetener album artwork along with the no tears left to cry single artwork. Today, we're looking back on the impressive list of music videos directed by Dave Meyers.
positions - Ariana Grande
Meyers gives fans a peek inside the White House and what it would look like if Ariana Grande were president. No matter the task, Grande does business attire justice in this one.
God is a woman - Ariana Grande
With outstanding effects of Ariana Grande out in space, a scene that looks like it's sketched on paper, and, of course the random screech of marmots sticking their heads out of the ground in the middle of the video, Meyers helps Grande share the message of women's empowerment.
no tears left to cry - Ariana Grande
Along with doing the album artwork for the single, Meyers also directed the no tears left to cry music video back in 2018, which certainly defied gravity.
Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake feat. Lil Durk
HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
When the music video for Kendrick Lamar's HUMBLE. was released, it went viral thanks to the work of Meyers. The video won a several awards, including a Grammy for video fo the year along with the MTV VMA Video of the Year.
Adore You - Harry Styles
In this 2020 music video, Harry Styles has a pet fish that grows overnight, until it finally breaks out of its tank. This whimsical video directed by Meyers looks like it is something out of a children's book.
Me! - Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie
Meyers has definitely made it clear that his range shows no boundaries. In this video, Swift and Urie prance around in a quirky city painted in pastels, and at the end, rainbow paint explodes out of the sky. Meyers brought a full paint palette to this one.
Motivation - Normani
This 2019 video shows singer-songwriter Normani living out her pre-teen dreams as she starts out as a little girl watching her own music video from the floor of her living room. And, of course, no hip-hop music video is complete without a scene dancing in the pouring rain!
Bad Buy - Billie Eilish
In this video, Billie Eilish makes a nosebleed fashionable. The Bad Guy music video won an MTV VMA for Best Editing.
Antisocial - Travis Scott and Ed Sheeran
Is there anywhere this video doesn't go? In the Antisocial music video, we see Ed Sheeran being sold on QVC, standing on the shore by a lighthouse, paying respects in front of a Día de los Muertos offrenda, while Travis Scott goes to space and hits the gym.
Señorita - Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
Things get hot and steamy in this 2019 music video. Lovers Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello fall in love in this music video when Cabello plays a waitress who Mendes eventually takes on the back of his motorcycle. Their relationship goes through ups and downs in the span of just three minutes.
- 2020 BET Awards Nominations Announced - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Takes Presidential Role In New Music Video 'Positions' ›
- Ariana Grande Releases New Album 'Positions' - Celebrity Page ›
- A Timeline Of Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello's Relationship - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Announces Netflix Concert Film From Sweetener World Tour - Celebrity Page ›
- What You Need To Know About Ariana Grande's Fiancé - Celebrity Page ›
- McDonald's And BTS Team Up For Brand New Meal - Celebrity Page ›
- Ed Sheeran Announces June Release Of First Solo Single In 4 Years - Celebrity Page ›
- 2021 MTV Video Music Awards Nominations Announced - Celebrity Page ›
- Ed Sheeran Officially Announces New Album Title, Tracklist, And Release Date - Celebrity Page ›
- Shawn Mendes Talks New Song and more on SiriusXM - Celebrity Page ›