Fans can rejoice since the new season of Netflix's The Crown has returned for season four. We're checking in with Ranker.com for an inside look of the new season and what else is WatchWorthy.
We know the new season of The Crown is a must watch that features the return of Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II. Colman earned a Golden Globe for her performance in season three. The new season will introduce Princess Diana played by Emma Corrin and former prime minster of the United Kingdom, Margaret Thatcher played by Gillian Anderson, two women who had a major impact on British culture and politics. For fans of The Crown Ranker.com and WatchWorthy have the perfect recommendations for you.
Be sure to check out Gentleman Jack on HBO starring Suranne Jones as Anne Lister. This underrated period piece is about Lister living in 1832 hoping to protect her family's wealth and property by marrying another woman, Ann Walker played by Sophie Rundle.
The first season can be viewed on HBO Max.
Another show that isn't your ordinary period piece is the comedy series The Great telling the story of European royalty however, this series is not so historically accurate as The Crown. The series is about Catherine The Great, the empress of Russia played by Elle Fanning and also stars Nicholas Hoult.
The first season of The Great can be viewed on Hulu.
- Elizabeth Debicki Set to Play Princess Diana in 'The Crown ... ›
- Dominic West To Play Prince Charles In 'The Crown' - Celebrity Page ›
- Showtime Renews 'The Chi' For Season 4 - Celebrity Page ›
- Amazon Prime Video Renews 'Hunters' For Season 2: Here's What ... ›
- Huzzah! Hulu Renews 'The Great' For Season 2 - Celebrity Page ›
- Kaley Cuoco Is Ready For Takeoff In New Series 'The Flight Attendant' ›