(BREAKING NEWS) The Ventura Co. Sheriff's Office confirmed that they have found Naya Rivera's body in Lake Piru six days after she was reported missing. She has been declared dead at 33.
The recovery effort
During a press briefing at 2pm PT, the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, confirmed that they found Rivera's body close to the surface of the water. Ventura County Sheriff Bill Ayub addressed the press and provided a recap of the search.
Rivera and her son had rented a boat around 1pm PT last Wednesday and at 4:48 pm, officials responded to a report of a boy being alone on a boat. The owner of the boat rental went out to look for the boat and found Naya's son Josey alone and asleep on board. According to NBCLA and the sheriff's department, Rivera and her son had gone swimming in the lake, but Rivera did not have a life vest on. After Josey was found on the boat, police also found an adult life vest, as well as Rivera's purse and wallet.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Rivera's friends and family during this time.
- Kanye West Donates $2 Million To The Families Of George Floyd ... ›
- The Word Is Out About 'The King Of Staten Island' - Celebrity Page ›
- Lizzo Shares A Message To Body Shamers In Tik Tok Video ... ›
- 'Mythbusters' and 'White Rabbit Project' Host Grant Imahara Dead at 49 - Celebrity Page ›
- Naya Rivera's Legacy on "Glee" and Beyond - Celebrity Page ›
- Chris Colfer Writes Touching Tribute To Co-Star Naya Rivera - Celebrity Page ›
- TV Icon Regis Philbin Dies At 88 - Celebrity Page ›