As New York continues to battle the coronavirus pandemic, many award shows are postponing for later dates. However, the MTV Video Music Awards are still planning to broadcast from the Barclays Center on August 30th.
Right now, MTV is working with government and health officials to see if the show can still be held live. The show was previously held in the Barclays Center in 2013, and MTV is hoping they can do that once again.
In a statement made to Variety an MTV spokesperson said:
"We're exploring with government officials, the medical community and key stakeholders on how to safely hold the 2020 VMAs at Barclays Center on August 30th. The health of everyone involved is our number one priority. Additionally, we are working on several contingency plans to bring music's biggest night to audiences everywhere."
Even though the network hopes to have the physical show, they are still working at setting up virtual performances as a way to entertain fans. Unlike MTV, BET is going to continue with having a virtual award show.
Here is hoping for some future good news for the award show!
- Real-Life Celebrity Best Friends - Celebrity Page ›
- The Biggest Surprises and Stand-Outs of the 2019 MTV VMA ... ›
- Golden Globes Postponed Due To COVID-19 Pandemic - Celebrity Page ›
- The 2020 BET Awards going virtual - Celebrity Page ›
- Governor Cuomo Announces That The 2020 MTV VMAs Will Take Place In Person - Celebrity Page ›
- The Cast Of 'Teen Wolf' Reunited Again, And We Are Totally Here For It - Celebrity Page ›
- Looking Back On the Top Music Videos of the Decade - Celebrity Page ›