On Tuesday, Serbian Tennis star Novak Djokovic revealed that he and his wife Jelena tested positive for the coronavirus. The results came back after a tennis event he organized in Zadar, Croatia which was cancelled after Djokovic and participants Grigor Dimitrov and Borna Coric all tested positive.
Adria's Tour's Good Intentions
The tournament was intended to be philanthropic, with all the funds going to people in need. Novak Djokovic thought the virus had been weakened, the conditions for hosting had been met so the event could run smoothly.
Novak Djokovic Makes A Statement
In his apologetic Instagram statement, Djokovic says:
I am so deeply sorry our tournament has caused harm. Everything the organizers and I did the past month, we did with a pure heart and sincere intentions.
We hope Djokovic and his wife Jelena make a speedy recovery.
- Coronavirus Updates, Disruptions, and Tips - Celebrity Page ›
- D. L. Hughley Tests Positive For Covid-19 After Falling On Stage ... ›
- Gov. Cuomo Calls on Chris Rock, Rosie Perez to Promote ... ›
- COVID-19 - Celebrity Page ›
- Alexis Ohanian Supports Serena Williams At Australian Open With A Statement Tee Shirt - Celebrity Page ›