The Duke of Cambridge went to an outing with Kate Middleton on Thursday, March 11, to pay a visit to School 21 in Stratford, London. The royal couple had went on to congratulate teachers for reopening schools after the global pandemic lockdown. This marks Prince Williams first time out since the interview.
At the school, a reporter asked William about speaking to his brother since Prince Harry's comments about the royal family in the interview that aired Sunday night.
"I haven't spoken to him yet," William replied, "but I will do."
With an eager for answers, the reporter didn't stop there. He continued by asking William if the family is a "racist family" or not.
Prince William quickly defended his family, stating, "We are very much not a racist family."
Rebecca English on Twitter
Breaking: Prince William has become the first member of the royal family to publicly address the race row sparked b… https://t.co/mJBZZGTkBp— Rebecca English (@Rebecca English) 1615461961.0
The one night special interview with Oprah left everything on the table about the royal family. Meghan and Harry had spoken their truth about what happened in the royal institution that pushed them to leave their royal duties. From mental health struggles to lack of support from the family, Meghan had told it all.
Within the interview, Meghan had expressed her allegations of racism inside of the palace. The couple said a member of the royal family had questioned Harry about how dark the skin tone of baby Archie would be while she was still pregnant.
Meghan did not want to disclose who the person was that made those remarks as it would be "very damaging" for them. Later, Winfrey had clarified that it was not The Queen or Prince Philip.
The Buckingham palace, on behalf of the queen, had already broken their silence on March 9 about the interview.
"The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan," the queen said in the statement. "The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah Interview Recap ... ›
- Celebrities React To Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Interview ... ›
- The Queen Responds to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's ... ›
- Queen-Elizabeth - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Charles Visits Prince Philip - Celebrity Page ›
- How The Royal Family Is Dealing With The Meghan And Harry Interview Fallout - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Philip Released From The Hospital - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Philip Passes Away At Age 99 - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince William Releases Statement Following Death of Prince Phillip - Celebrity Page ›