Earlier this month, the face of bachelor nation, Chris Harrison announced he is "stepping aside" as host of the show after he offered some questionable remarks in an interview with former Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay.
Chris Harrison's Apology and Statement on Stepping Aside
Harrison came to the defense of the current Bachelor contested, Rachael Kirkconnell, after images of her at an "antebellum old south" college party arose, hence the presumed temporary departure from the show.
Chris Harrison has filmed all episodes in the season up until the Women Tell All show but hasn't yet filmed the After the Final Rose episode, which is where the need for another host comes from.
Rachel Lindsay took to the Bachelor Party podcast to share who she thinks should take Harrison's spot. She thinks that a fresh face is best for the role, sharing that she'd like to see former NFL linebacker, author, and activist Emmanuel Acho as the new host - "hands down." She explained that the next host should be "somebody people trust to have these conversations", adding "He's not biased in any way, he doesn't watch the show, he doesn't know the people involved. He should be there to be able to facilitate a conversation that we need to see happen."
Rachel shot down suggestions from fans, asking if she would ever take on the role, to which she replied to E! News, she's "not even thinking about that."
She continued to say that she thinks "the bigger picture is that there is an issue and Chris is recognizing it, other people are recognizing [it]," she continued, "I can't be focused on trying to take somebody else's job. I am just focused on really us getting to a place of unity where we can all be better."
Much like all of us, Rachel doesn't know what the future holds for the Bachelor franchise or for Chris Harrison. "I think we are all going to be waiting and seeing.", she says.
Watch the remaining episodes of current Bachelor, Matt James's season, Mondays at 8 pm, on ABC.
- Howard Stern Gives His Two Cents On 'The Bachelorette' - Celebrity ... ›
- Chris Harrison - Celebrity Page ›
- Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo Address 'Bachelor' Controversy ... ›
- Chris Harrison Steps Down from 'The Bachelor' Amid Racism ... ›
- The Dish: Golden Globes, The Voice, & More - Celebrity Page ›
- Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo Call For Equality & Raise Money For Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Celebrity Page ›
- Chris Harrison Speaks Out After Stepping Away From 'The Bachelor' - Celebrity Page ›