Remember the good old times of the 1980s where songs like "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and "With or Without You" were constantly playing on the radio 24/7? Well, get ready to relive those memories again! Beginning today, you can listen to all things U2 on Sirius XM!
The New Summer Song
Rolling Stone revealed that guitarist the Edge and lead singer Bono from the band U2 will be hosting new shows on the U2 X-Radio Station, and celebrities like Chris Rock and David Byrne will be among the first to be featured.
Sirius XM President and Chief Content Officer Scott Greenstein reveals where the idea of creating the U2 channel came from, saying:
"I first broached it with them a decade ago when we first started laying out artist channels like E Street Radio, the Grateful Dead Channel and others. You couldn't look at that concept without thinking of U2. It's going to be a diverse and unique platform that will evolve with them over time."
Greenstein then goes on to celebrate the accomplishment:
"With an unrivalled, globally-decorated, and decades-long career that has propelled music, culture and global activism, U2 represents the very spirit of music evolution and positive change. We are proud to be launching U2's very own channel as a further extension of their musical vision, delivering an exclusive listener experience and original content from the band members themselves that creates an audio world found nowhere else. Welcome Bono, The Edge, Adam and Larry to the SiriusXM family and our listeners."
We Finally Have Found What We're Looking For!
Bono goes on to talk about his excitement in a press release, saying:
"Radio introduced me to music so you could say that radio introduced me to my life… It has kept me company all my life… Music dared me to dream outside the four walls of my childhood bedroom… Radio Caroline, Radio Luxembourg, all my heroes, far away at sea, pirate radio rocking me to sleep… Radio is all around, it is air you can be on… revolutionary sounds coming down to meet me on the airwaves… Music is everything to me, I like to sing and I have been known to talk… This will be a bit of both… From the Northside of Dublin, this is the U2 group on the radio."
The Edge backs up Bono's statement, revealing:
"Like most of the world, U2 find ourselves in a strange suspended moment. We can't tour, we can't even really get in a room and record together. U2 X-Radio gives us a chance to stay connected with our audience in a new way - to speak directly from our homes to listeners across North America. We are coming up with ideas every day - new music, new guests, new subjects to talk about. U2 X-Radio gives us a unique opportunity to engage in a sort of trans-Atlantic town hall. Bono said yesterday, 'Can you believe we have a radio station to play with?' Thanks to our friends at SiriusXM, U2 is going to be on the air and in your ears as much as you want us to be - even while the old world is changing around us."
And The Programming Is...
U2 X-Radio, an exclusive channel curated by @U2 on SiriusXM! Music and more from the Northside of Dublin and beyond. Inspiration, conversation, meditation. This is U2. Details: https://t.co/BHTmrkaUs6 pic.twitter.com/qFBAwf6oVt— SiriusXM (@SIRIUSXM) June 30, 2020
Sirius XM revealed the new programming for the U2 X-Radio Station, which includes:
- BONO CALLING: Bono explores seven questions about life, work, hope and the future with guests from every discipline, from world leaders to local activists to movie stars. First up, Bono calls Chris Rock.
- CLOSE TO THE EDGE: The Edge talks with fellow musicians, artists and thinkers. A series of revealing conversations about the creative process and more.
- DISCOTHÈQUE: Electronic music pioneer Paul Oakenfold presents a weekend dance show featuring U2 remixes and club mixes alongside electronic music from other artists and friends for the ultimate summer soundtrack.
- DESIRE: A show hosted by the U2 audience themselves. Each episode, a different voice will take to the airwaves to tell their own U2 story and play their five favorite tracks.
- ELEVATION: A weekly show celebrating good news and ideas from the worlds of science, medicine, faith and the arts. Hosted by Irish broadcaster and writer John Kelly, ELEVATION will feature music and poetry; interviews with artists, activists, thinkers and scholars; plus, the occasional member of U2. Upcoming guests include civil rights attorney Bryan Stevenson ('Just Mercy').
- (GUEST) PLAYS U2: Tune in to hear fellow artists and friends talk about their favorite U2 songs. First show - Matthew McConaughey Plays U2.
- Plus, a weekly show from Irish DJ Dan Hegarty on U2 X-Radio.
Wednesday Bloody Wednesday: And The Band Goes Wild!
Larry Mullen believes all the blood, sweat, and tears have paid off making this project, saying:
"It all sounds exhausting to me but if people really want to listen to us for 24 hours a day, this is the way to do it."
Last but not least, Adam Clayton wants fans to be able to enjoy listening to the radio:
"I listen to a lot of radio, I like it as I always find it so informative. America was the land that took radio big and wide, to a whole other level, one that exposed listeners to new voices, ideas and concepts. That is the spirit in which we bring you U2 X-Radio. We hope you enjoy it."
The U2 X-Radio Station is live now on Sirius XM!
- Dennis Quaid Introduces "The Dennissance" - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrate Pride This Weekend With Andy Cohen's Pride Radio ... ›
- Cole Sprouse's Podcast "Borrasca" Is Worth Listening To Right Now ... ›
- Ann Curry's 'Chasing the Cure' is Connecting Patients to Healthcare ... ›
- Jon Stewart on 'The Daily Show', Inclusivity and Quarantine ... ›
- Bono And Chris Rock Team Up For Conversation On Rap Music - Celebrity Page ›
- SiriusXM and U2 launch U2X RADIO station ›
- U2 announce 2020 launch of U2X RADIO with SiriusXM and Pandora ›
- The Edge Says U2's SiriusXM Channel Has 'Power to Engage in an ... ›
- U2 Announce 2020 Launch of U2X RADIO with SiriusXM and Pandora ›
- U2 - Home | Facebook ›
- U2 Official (@u2) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- U2 (@U2) | Twitter ›
- SiriusXM - Stream or Listen to Music, Entertainment, Sports & More ›