Regina King, Tracee Ellis Ross, Alfre Woodard, and Sanaa Latha To Join 'Golden Girls' Reunion Special
The Golden Girls series ran for over seven seasons and featured iconic and groundbreaking moments for women and television. Now, a reunion special is coming to Zoom with some of Hollywood's most well-known actresses.
Starring Regina King, Tracee Ellis Ross, Alfre Woodard, and Sanaa Latha, this Golden Girls reunion will not feature the original cast, but instead will include an all-Black cast. Black-ish star Tracee Ellis-Ross took to social media on Sunday where she shared the news of the special coming to Zoom.
Ross' post features the original Golden Girls cast, but transitions to a photoshopped version with the four women. By the looks of it, Ross will play Rose, King will play Dorothy, Woodard will play Sophia, and Lathan will play Blanche.
Premiering Tuesday, September 8th at 9pm ET 6pm PT, the reunion will be kicking off a new Zoom series titled Zoom Where It Happens. Producer, writer, and actress Lena Waithe will host the event while The Old Guard director Gina Prince-Bythewood will take the helm.
- HBO Max Original Content Head Speaks On Delayed 'Friends ... ›
- 'Black-ish' To Return To ABC Early With Animated Election Special ... ›
- Hollywood Reacts To The 2020 Emmy Nominations - Celebrity Page ›
- Regina King And Reese Witherspoon Talk 'Legally Blonde' And ... ›
- Celebrity Birthdays For Today, October 29th - Celebrity Page ›