Robin Roberts recently gave an emotional update on her partner Amber Laign's battle with breast cancer.
During an April 24 interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Roberts fought off tears as she updated fans on longtime partner, Laign's health. Back in February the "Good Morning America" host revealed that Laign would be undergoing chemotherapy for her breast cancer.
"I haven't talked about it much, but with you, I will," Roberts told Ellen. "She's doing well, which is great."
Roberts, who has also battled breast cancer in the past, explained that it's more emotional to watch her partner go through it.
"I went through it twice, barely shed a tear," the 61-year-old continued. "I'm a puddle every time I think about what Amber is going through. But she is being so courageous and is handling it extremely well."
While Roberts said that she was able to provide her partner with a "bit of a roadmap" based on her own past experiences with breast cancer, she said that in turn, Laign has showed her how to be a good caregiver.
"I didn't realize how much I had blocked out during my journey, and it was because of sweet Amber—because she protected me and navigated for me," Roberts said. "So, I'm doing the same thing for her."
In February, Roberts shared a video to Twitter, telling fans that Laign had been diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of 2021 and that she would be taking some time off to support her partner through treatment.
"She and I have been together almost 17 years and have helped each other through our challenges like my journey with cancer," said Roberts at the time. "It's my turn now to be there for her like she was for me."
- Robin Roberts Gives Update on Partner Amber Laign After Breast ... ›
- Robin Roberts Gives Update on Partner Amber Laign After Dad's ... ›
- GMA's Robin Roberts says her partner, Amber Laign, has breast ... ›
- Robin Roberts shares 'difficult' health update on partner Amber after ... ›
- Robin Roberts Shares Update on Amber Laign's Breast Cancer ... ›
- GMA's Robin Roberts shares new photo of partner Amber resting at ... ›