While 2020 has been unprecedented in many ways, Rock the Vote is here to remind the American public that the 2020 presidential election is quickly approaching with their Democracy Summer virtual concert.
Pop singer and American Idol judge Katy Perry shared her excitement on Instagram about the event. Perry has always been outspoken about her political views, especially when supporting Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign in 2016.
4-million young people turn 18 this year and will be able to vote for the first time. @RockThevote is making sure t… https://t.co/PFlZALJczt— Logan Browning (@Logan Browning)1592262700.0
See y’all at @RockTheVote #democracysummer2020 kick off concert Thursday. https://t.co/djTiAQLWn0 #RegisterToVote https://t.co/pcsyXj9vGA— NE-YO (@NE-YO)1592269228.0
Other celebrities set to make a virtual appearance are Ne-Yo, Lucy Hale, Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Skyler Astin, and Alex Wolff, among others. Government officials Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Cory Booker and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro will also speak at the event.
This concert speaks specifically to those who turned 18 this year and plan to vote in their first upcoming election. Rock The Vote will be discussing the importance of voting, voting tips and tricks, and how to register in your state in-between various speakers and performances. The concert will begin at 8 p.m. EST on June 18 and can be streamed on democracysummer.org. Fans can RSVP now as to not miss any of the action!
- Black Eyed Peas Address Fergie's Absence On New Album "Translation" - Celebrity Page ›
- Elton John Is Streaming His Old Concerts To Raise Money For Coronavirus Relief - Celebrity Page ›
- Warner Bros. Studio Tours Have Gone Virtual! - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrate the Fourth of July with These Shows! - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrities Are Taking To Social Media To Remind Fans To Vote - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrities Urge Their Fans To Vote As Election Day Arrives - Celebrity Page ›