On Friday, RuPauls's Drag Race crowned its Season 12 winner! The queens were asked to get creative and perform lip-sync challenges from their homes.
How The Season 12 Finale Challenge Went Down
The confined, catwalk-free settings managed to bring out the best in all three of the remaining contestants. Crystal Methyd transformed into a human-sized piñata and a pair of puppet-like birds. Gigi Goode revealed a Wizard of Oz inspired costume mid-performance.
The Winner (Finally) Takes It All
Jaida Essence Hall took the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar" - the queen is well known for serving glamorous looks and her no-nonsense personality.
Jaida Essence Hall Celebrates The Win In Style
Our season 12 winner even brought out her signature catchphrase after receiving her animated crown.
She yelled while pointing off camera and earning laughs from mask-clad host RuPaul:
"I was gonna say, if you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna – look over there!"
Audience Reaction To Hall's Win
literally the most deserving to win that crown. she has literally been so outspoken towards so many issues, have given voices for people who have been silenced, and truly has the heart and passion for these and her drag.— a ✨|| #JunkTerrorBill (@_isareylie) May 27, 2020
stan jaida essence motherfukin hall, bitches. #TeamJaida pic.twitter.com/UqqhiAgKvP
Drag Race stans on Twitter were thrilled about Hall's win, praising her as "the most deserving" contestant.
Hall's Win Saves The Show From Troubling Season
During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Hall says:
"If you feel like today you want to be the Grinch, then, baby, be the Grinch. Drag is all about expression. Whatever I'm feeling, I just let it out in drag."
She then adds:
"Clearly, I'm very much trade. I do live for the transformation. There's something so sickening about the art. Drag is the embodiment of being who you want to be. People would never expect me to be like this glamorous doll that loves beautiful things in a rich fantasy. I think I'm the one percent, even though I have no money to pay my rent at the end of this month. It's not just [a physical] transformation of myself to Jaida, but an emotional shift when I get in drag. I stand up a little bit better, I feel more sexy. I move more snaky and slithery and slinky!"
RuPaul's Drag Race continues with its fifth All-Stars edition Fridays at 8 p.m. ET on VH1.
- The Latest Premieres And Finales In Television - Celebrity Page ›
- Queens Spill The Tea On The New Season Of "RuPaul's Drag Race ... ›
- 2020 Critics Choice Real TV Awards Nominations Released - Celebrity Page ›
- RuPaul's Drag Race season 12: The most political, troubled series ... ›
- RuPaul's Drag Race recap: season 12 finale – she's a winner baby ... ›
- RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 Winner Is Jaida Essence Hall ... ›
- Season 12 Lip Sync for the Crown | RuPaul's Drag Race - YouTube ›
- RuPaul's Drag Race season 12 finale: Virtual lip-sync announced ... ›
- RuPaul's Drag Race (season 12) - Wikipedia ›