While fans are awaiting the results of this Sunday to discover which teams will be facing off in the Super Bowl LV, the officiating crew has been announced with referee Sarah Thomas making history.
The Final Four
We will know by Sunday and who will be competing against one another in the NFL Super Bowl LV.
While fans anxiously await, the NFL has announced the officiating crew for the Super Bowl LV. Carl Cheffers, referee of Super Bowl LI in 2017 will be accompanied by a team of seven distinguished game officials.
Troy Vincent, NFL EVP of football operations, states,
"Their body of work over the course of a 17-game season has earned them the honor of officiating the biggest game on the world's biggest stage. They are the best of the best."
Sarah Thomas Makes History
Along with the announcement of the game officials, came the announcement that Sarah Thomas would be among Cheffer's crew and become the first woman to officiate a Super Bowl game.
Troy Vincent speaks of Thomas saying,
"Her elite performance and commitment to excellence has earned her the right to officiate the Super Bowl. Congratulations to Sarah on this well-deserved honor."
Super Bowl Halftime
If you're not watching the Super Bowl for the actual game, chances are you're geeking over the commercials or the iconic Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show. It was announced that The Weeknd will be the headliner for the show this year and he may possibly invite some special guests.
Super Bowl LV will be on February 7, 2021 on CBS.
- Aaron Rodgers To Guest Host For 'Jeopardy!' - Celebrity Page ›
- Get An Inside Scoop On The Patrick Mahomes GQ Interview ... ›
- The Weeknd Set to Perform at 2021 Super Bowl - Celebrity Page ›
- Everything You Need To Know About The Weeknd's Halftime Show - Celebrity Page ›
- Unaired Footage Of Tom Brady Describing What It Takes To Be The Best - Celebrity Page ›
- Super Bowl: Recap of The Weeknd's Performance - Celebrity Page ›