The series follows a murder investigation with two LAPD detectives (David Zovatto and Nathan Lane) who strive to make sense of what just transpired in the city. Natalie Dormer's character, Magda, believes that human nature is inherently evil and is willing to do anything to expose this harsh reality. Her character incarnates into any person that she pleases to provoke people to commit deeds that they ordinarily wouldn't. She transforms into these different personas to help the Nazis take over the City of Los Angeles and prove to her sister that society is corrupt at its core. By creating chaos, Magda reveals the racial tension of the times and the civil unrest taking place before the Second World War. Now the harsh reality has brought its way to the real world, as the series will not be returning for a second season.
The network stated, "Showtime has decided not to move forward with another season of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. We would like to thank executive producers John Logan, Michael Aguilar and the entire cast and crew for their outstanding work on this project."
Be sure to stream season one of Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels on Showtime. In the meantime, check out this video to hear about what you can watch if you're a fan of the series from our friends at Ranker.
- Judith Light To Star In Crime Drama 'Shadows In The Vineyard ... ›
- Cynthia Erivo Joins Cast In Upcoming Musical Drama - Celebrity Page ›
- Take A First Look At HBO Coming Of Age Drama 'We Are Who We ... ›
- Inside The Showtime Miniseries 'The Comey Rule': Jeff Daniels And ... ›
- Showtime Renews 'The Chi' For Season 4 - Celebrity Page ›