Greg Vaughan, the actor behind Eric Brady is exiting the beloved soap opera Days of our Lives after eight years.
The News Is Out
Greg Vaughan has been on the NBC soap opera since 2012 - and revealed the news in a podcast featuring former General Hospital co-stars Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson on Wednesday.
The factor that played into his decision of leaving Days was revealed, saying:
"I've finished my reign at Days. Days was going through a renewal negotiation and not knowing where they were going to go, adding that he [Vaughan] felt his time on the daytime drama was coming to an end, anyway."
Vaughan also is open for a return, saying:
"For all my Days fans that are listening, I love you all. It's never over, so I'm not gonna say it's over. I'm taking a break, if you will."
Vaughan's final episode will air in September, and this comes off the heels of Kristian Alfonso's decision on not returning to the show when production resumes that same month for its 56th season.
However, we are still getting new episodes very soon. Like all other Hollywood productions, Days of Our Lives suspended shooting in mid-March because of the coronavirus pandemic. But the soap traditionally is ahead of schedule and has enough originals in the can to take it through early October.
Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Catch Days Of Our Lives every weekday on NBC!
- Catch Up on the Latest BIG Exits From Our Favorite Soap Operas ... ›
- Judi Evans Gives Details On Her Battle With Coronavirus ... ›
- 'Days of Our Lives' Star Judi Evans Tests Positive For Coronavirus ... ›
- She's Back! Judi Evans Marks Triumphant Return To 'Days Of Our ... ›
- 'Days Of Our Lives' Renewed For Two More Seasons - Celebrity Page ›
- Victoria Konefal Teases Possession Storylines Returning To 'Days Of Our Lives' - Celebrity Page ›