The pair will produce 14 South Park movies for Paramount Plus, as well as continuing the critically acclaimed show into its 30th season in 2027 on Comedy Central.
South Park is premiering its record breaking 25th season in 2022, and remains the most popular TV show on Comedy Central. It was originally on hiatus due to the pandemic, but the duo managed to create hour-long specials in the meantime. With the new deal, two South Park movies will air per year on Paramount Plus into 2027.
"We can't wait to get back to doing traditional South Park episodes but now we can also try out new formats. It's great to have partners who will always take a chance with us." Said Parker and Stone
Trey Parker and Matt Stone sign new deal to extend South Park through season 30 and make 14 original made-for-strea… https://t.co/VYShY9z4SS— South Park (@South Park) 1628166585.0
"Matt and Trey are world-class creatives who brilliantly use their outrageous humor to skewer the absurdities of our culture and we are excited to expand and deepen our long relationship with them to help fuel Paramount+ and Comedy Central," said Chris McCarthy, president-CEO of MTV Entertainment and chief content officer of adult animation for Paramount Plus.
The deal is said to be one of the richest in TV history, according to Bloomberg.
- 'Beavis and Butt-Head' Is Coming Back To Comedy Central With ... ›
- "The Ren & Stimpy Show" Gets Green Light For Reboot On Comedy ... ›
- If You Love 'American Dad' You'll Watch To Watch These Shows ... ›
- 'The Book Of Mormon' Returns to Broadway in November - Celebrity ... ›
- 'Candyman' Sequel Scores High At The Box Office - Celebrity Page ›