The massively popular South Korean series "Squid Game" is coming back to Netflix!
Netflix confirmed the return of the hit dystopian series on June 12. The show, which aired in September 2021, focuses on a group of contestants in dire need of cash. For a shot at winning some, they compete in deadly versions of children's games.
Upon its release, it took no time for "Squid Game" to bring in huge numbers for Netflix. Per Forbes, within its first 28 days, the show accumulated 111 million viewers, giving it a lead of 29 million on the former #1 series on Netflix at the time, "Bridgerton."
Very little is known about the new season. In a letter penned by the show's creator Hwang Dong-hyuk, it was revealed that some familiar faces are returning.
"And now, Gi-hun returns. The Front Man returns. Season 2 is coming. The man in the suit with ddakji might be back."
New characters will be introduced in the season as well, including Cheol-su, the boyfriend of the now iconic but deadly "Red Light Green Light" robot, Young-hee. Dong-hyuk also shared that new games are in the works for the mysterious new season.
Back in January, Netflix confirmed that a second season was in production for the show. Dong-hyuk shared his thoughts on the making of season two saying:
"There's been so much demand, love and attention for a season two, so I feel I have no choice but to make a season two."
Currently, there is no known release date for the series.
Login • Instagram
- Favorite Music Video Choreographically (Socially Voted) - Celebrity ... ›
- Here's Your First Look at Netflix's 'Bridgerton' - Celebrity Page ›
- Representation Within 'Bridgerton' - Celebrity Page ›
- Rapper Lil Baby Meets With Kamala Harris At The White House ... ›
- Critics Choice Awards: Winners List 2022 - Celebrity Page ›
- The Weeknd Shares 'Out of Time' Music Video Featuring Jim Carrey ... ›