Netflix has just released a preview for their newest Western film, but this newcomer comes with a twist. The Harder They Fall features an all-black all-star cast, a rarity in a genre that is traditionally dominated by white men.
Directed by Jeymes Samuel (the brother of Seal), the film follows real-life cowboy Nat Love (played by Jonathan Majors, who appeared in Lovecraft Country and Da 5 Bloods) as he reassembles his gang to seek revenge on the man who killed his father. The trailer doesn't give much away, but it seems as though he'll team up with historical icon Stagecoach Mary (played by Zazie Beetz of Deadpool 2 fame) and a zesty new character who seems to have been invented for the film (played by Regina King). The soundtrack will apparently be provided in part by Jay-Z.
Amidst the flashes of carnage and stylized violence, we also get glimpses of Idris Elba as the outlaw Rufus Buck, LaKeith Stanfield as gangster Cherokee Bill, and Delroy Lindo as Bass Reeves, one of the first-ever Black sheriffs. This film promises to be a one-of-a-kind experience, combining exciting action sequences with a look at historical figures that have never been on the big screen before.
The Harder They Fall releases on Netflix at an unspecified date later in 2021.
- WATCH: New Trailer for 'Suicide Squad 2' - Celebrity Page ›
- Netflix's 'Strong Black Lead' is Celebrating Three Years - Celebrity ... ›
- Musicals Coming to Netflix - Celebrity Page ›
- Zack Snyder Signs Netflix Deal for "Army of the Dead" Projects ... ›
- Regina King's Son Ian Alexander Jr. Dies at Age 26 - Celebrity Page ›