Freeform's hit show grown-ish continues to tackle difficult subject matters.
The new season started earlier this month and Henri Esteve is back as Ana's love interest, Javi.
"I think for the most part, I have been one of the only minorities on a set or in a cast. To have a cast that is so diverse, it's great. It feels like real life and it's nice to give a voice to people who unfortunately, most of the time, don't have one," Esteve said.
"I think the way 'grown-ish' does it is the best way to do it. I think they have a really light-handed approach to it, which is nice. It doesn't feel super preachy, but we're still talking about it and putting conversations out there. It's not like we're just pushing one point-of-view, and I think that is really the only way to kind of approach these subjects and not turn people off," Esteve said.
Catch Henri Esteve on the latest episodes of growni-sh Thursday nights on Freeform and streaming now on Hulu.
- If 'The Chi' Is Your Cup Of Tea, These Other Shows Will Be Too ... ›
- A Closer Look At The Rising Young Stars In The Animated Family ... ›
- Disney+ Announces Billie Eilish Concert Special - Celebrity Page ›
- Marvel Gives First Look At New Disney Plus 'Hawkeye' Series ... ›
- Celebrity Page TV ›
- 'I Think You Should Leave? Fans: Ranker.com Has Three TV Shows ... ›