Thinking Out Loud singer Ed Sheeran took to Instagram to announce the birth of his healthy baby girl Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran. Because of his recent break from music and touring, it has been rumored that Ed Sheeran and his wife, Cherry Seaborn, were expecting a baby.
Taking Time Off
Sheeran posted a picture of his baby's socks to his IG, captioning the post:
"We are completely in love with her. Both mum and baby are doing amazing and we are on cloud nine over here."
He and his wife were high school friends who started dating in 2015 and wed in a small ceremony in late 2018. He tells fans that he will be taking time off to be with his family and get used to the dad life, saying:
"Lots of love and I'll see you when it's time to come back."
The singer also reveals the name of his daughter, Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran.
The Inspiration For Her Name
Based on clues from some of Sheeran's old tweets, fans were able to figure out where the couple might have gotten inspiration for the baby's name. Back in 2015, he tweeted about liking author Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials novel-turned television series. The series has a character named Lyra Belacqua, so fans guessed that this could be where baby Lyra Antarctica's name came from.
Congrats to the lovely couple!
- Top Charts Flashback: The Top Songs This Week In The Last Decade ›
- Forbes Releases Highest-Paid Celebrities Of 2020 List - Celebrity ... ›
- Ed Sheeran and Wife Cherry Seaborn Are Reportedly Expecting ... ›
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Have Named Their First Child River, Honoring Late Brother - Celebrity Page ›
- Ed Sheeran Almost Quit Music Following The Birth Of His Daughter - Celebrity Page ›