Taylor Swift's folklore just became the first album in 4 years to keep the top spot on the Billboard charts for six straight weeks. The iconic pop singer beat out Drake and his 2016 album Views for the honorable record.
The iconic singer-songwriter surprised fans with a slow, indie-bedroom twist to her music - and the shock has certainly made it successful.
Swift's album includes whimsical, folksy songs like "cardigan" and "the 1" - and also dreary but beautiful pieces like 'illicit affairs' and 'this is me trying' that will make you cry for the rest of the year.
folklore has received several other record-breaking titles, including a Guinness World Record for the biggest opening day for an album by a female artist on Spotify - and even became the best selling record of the entire year after only just 7 days of being released.
The album also put Swift in a tie with Whitney Houston for the most weeks in the No. 1 spot among women.
There's no denying that Taylor Swift doesn't come to play, and she's not stopping her success anytime soon.
If you haven't already, make sure to check out folklore, found on all streaming music services.
- Taylor Swift Also Uses Her Voice For Change - Celebrity Page ›
- The Deeper Meaning Behind The Taylor Swift Cover In This Week's ... ›
- WATCH NOW: Taylor Swift's New Music Video For 'Cardigan ... ›
- Taylor Swift Becomes First Artist To Debut at No. 1 On The Hot 100 ... ›
- Taylor Swift's First Live Performance Of 'Folklore' Confirmed For ACM Awards - Celebrity Page ›
- Taylor Swift's 'Folklore' Breaks Record As First Million-Selling U.S. Album Of 2020 - Celebrity Page ›
- Taylor Swift's 'Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions' Premieres On Disney+ - Celebrity Page ›
- Taylor Swift Donates $13,000 To Two Struggling Mothers - Celebrity Page ›
- Fans and Friends Support Taylor Swift After Sexist Comments Made About Her on Netflix Show - Celebrity Page ›