Taylor Swift is confirmed to be performing at the 55th Academy of Country Music Awards! The singer will be performing her song "betty" making it the first live performance of her most recent album folklore.
Swift released folklore on July 24th, a day after announcing the project which shows the artist regaining some of her country roots. The album garnered huge success, reaching number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart and becoming the largest album release of the year thus far. Her earlier albums such as Speak Now and Fearless were country staples, but the songwriter has been exploring the pop genre on her past few projects including Reputation and Lover.
Not only will this be her first performance of folklore, but this will also be the "Shake It Off" singer's first time on the ACM awards in seven years. Taylor Swift is a two time ACM's Entertainer of the Year Award winner, and has won nine ACM awards overall.
The show will take place at the Grand Ole Opry House on September 16th.
"Betty" is a soft ballad of heart break in which the singer asks for forgiveness. Swift wrote the song from the perspective of a 17-year-old boy just as all the other songs were wrote about people other than herself.
Watch the lyric video
Along with Taylor Swift, other ACM performances will include Miranda Lambert, Luke Combs, Tim McGraw, Florida Georgia Line, and Luke Bryan. Keith Urban will be hosting the event which airs September 16th.
- Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and More Offer Exclusive Experiences ... ›
- Taylor Swift Announces New Album 'Folklore' Will Debut Tonight ... ›
- The Deeper Meaning Behind The Taylor Swift Cover In This Week's ... ›
- Taylor Swift's Album 'folklore' Breaks Yet Another Record - Celebrity ... ›
- WATCH NOW: Taylor Swift's New Music Video For 'Cardigan ... ›
- A Preview Of Tonight's Big Show on CBS - Celebrity Page ›
- Talking with the biggest stars in country music - Celebrity Page ›
- Recap: Live Performances And Big Winners Shine During ACM Awards - Celebrity Page ›