The "cardigan" star has done it again. Taylor Swift is known for breaking barriers and dipping into various musical genres to appeal to her wide fan base. Her chart-topping indie folk-influenced record broke one million sales, excelling her album into record breaking territory.
Swift released her album folklore on July 24, which debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 chart on August 8th. It currently remains there at number one for eight nonconsecutive weeks. On October 22nd, another 57,000 copies of her album were sold in the US at the end of the tracking week, making her album earn 1.04 million total sales.
On her quarantine album's release date, Swift posted to her Twitter with a lengthy message.
In isolation my imagination has run wild and this album is the result. I’ve told these stories to the best of my ab… https://t.co/ppMuNnlRiZ— Taylor Swift (@Taylor Swift) 1595563709.0
"In isolation my imagination has run wild and this album is the result, a collection of songs and stories that flowed like a stream of consciousness. Picking up a pen was my way of escaping into fantasy, history, and memory."
This major milestone for Swift makes folklore her ninth studio album to sell one million copies. Her 2019 album Lover was the only million-selling album of last year. Other albums include Taylor Swift (5.75 million), The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection (1.08 million), Fearless (7.21 million), Speak Now (4.71 million), Red (4.49 million), 1989 (6.25 million), and Reputation (2.28 million).
- Taylor Swift's First Live Performance Of 'Folklore' Confirmed For ... ›
- Taylor Swift's Album 'folklore' Breaks Yet Another Record - Celebrity ... ›
- Taylor Swift Announces New Album 'Folklore' Will Debut Tonight ... ›
- WATCH NOW: Taylor Swift's New Music Video For 'Cardigan ... ›
- Paul McCartney Visits Howard Stern To Dish On New Album - Celebrity Page ›
- Taylor Swift Releasing New Album 'Evermore' At Midnight - Celebrity Page ›
- 13 Taylor Swift Songs We Can't Wait to Hear Re-Recorded - Celebrity Page ›