ABC's The Beauty and the Baker, adapted from an Israeli TV hit of the same name, has been cancelled after just one season. After the decision was announced, fans and celebrities took to social media to show support of the series' Latin American representation.
Cancelled After 1 Season
From the get-go, The Baker and the Beauty made it a point to include diverse voices. The series follows supermodel Noa Hamilton (Nathalie Kelley) and Cuban-American baker Daniel Garcia (Victor Rasuk) as they fall for each other. The show takes a look into Garca's family life as Latin Americans, including an episode on his sister (Belissa Escobedo), who comes out as gay. In a time where inclusion and diversity are so vital, the series showcases a healthy and functional family discuss topics like coming out, Latin representation, and more.
Following One Day at a Time
Poster for One Day At A Time Series
Much like what happened with the popular Latinx-led series One Day at a Time, The Beauty and the Baker is not giving up just yet. Fans created a petition with 135,000 signatures to try to get the show picked up by a different network, and star Nathalie Kelley is speaking out and advocating for the show.
Guys we appreciate the love and well wishes following ABC’s decision not to renew us for a second season. But hones… https://t.co/UwtNmw9KUN— Nathalie Kelley (@Nathalie Kelley)1592279243.0
- Let It Fall on ABC - Celebrity Page ›
- Fans Work to Save Netflix's Cancelled 'Tuca & Bertie' - Celebrity Page ›
- Rita Moreno #SeeHER Spotlight - Celebrity Page ›
- Rita Moreno Is Still Going Strong! - Celebrity Page ›
- TV Cancellations: The Shows That Will Make A Comeback, And The ... ›
- Netflix Cancels 'The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina', Part 4 To Be Released Later This Year - Celebrity Page ›