The CBS daytime talk show, The Talk, is getting two new hosts: Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth. Elaine is the former (youngest ever) editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue and is currently a judge on Project Runway.
Amanda is a fitness influencer, who tragically, has become well-known this year as the widow of Broadway star Nick Cordero. Nick died after an agonizing battle with COVID-19, which Amanda documented in heartbreaking detail on her Instagram feed.
Amanda and Elaine are replacing Marie Osmond and Eve, who are both leaving the show. The two new co-hosts will start on January 4th.
Elaine Shares The News With Her Mom
This is a hilarious video of Elaine sharing that she got the job on The Talk with her mom. Her mom, thought Elaine was calling to share that she was pregnant!
How relevant Amanda will be, as the co-host of a national talk show in 2021. Few people can share more personally about the potential impact of a positive Coronavirus test. As we continue to fail to get the pandemic under control and debate who will get the vaccine and when...Amanda's voice can be a powerful one in the midst of this ongoing pandemic.
Here's the official announcement from CBS:
THE TALK announced live today on air that Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth will join season 11 as new hosts of the Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show alongside Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Carrie Ann Inaba on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021. Both Kloots and Welteroth have recently appeared as guest co-hosts on multiple episodes in October and November. They replace Marie Osmond, who left the show last season, and Eve, who announced last month she is departing the series in December after three seasons.
"As we move into the new year, Kristin and I are thrilled to welcome Amanda and Elaine as permanent hosts. They both have amazing energy, interesting points of view and a willingness to share their personal life experiences that complement the voices of our other phenomenal women," said Heather Gray, executive producer and showrunner of THE TALK. "Their diverse backgrounds and bright personalities bring an authentic chemistry to the panel. Heather and I, along with Sharon, Sheryl and Carrie Ann, are excited to have these dynamic, intelligent and fearless women connect with our audience and become part of THE TALK family," added Kristin Matthews, executive producer and showrunner.
"Amanda and Elaine are accomplished and relatable women, whose talents and personality stood out during their multiple guest appearances this fall. They bring a fresh new dimension to the show and we're very excited to have them join the panel," said Kelly Kahl, President, CBS Entertainment. "These five hosts together present a compelling mix of personalities and opinions that will continue to elevate the series and lead THE TALK well into the future."
"I am thrilled and honored to join this incredible cast and crew. From the very first time I guest co-hosted on THE TALK, I knew I was among a very special group of people. I look forward to starting off the new year with honest and thought-provoking discussions, mixed with plenty of fun and laughter too," said Amanda Kloots.
"I am beyond excited and grateful for the opportunity to join the phenomenal women of THE TALK. They have each made me feel right at home alongside them on this incredible platform that cultivates connection, kindness and understanding when we all need it most. I look forward to learning from them and lending my perspective to conversations that build bridges in this singular time in our world," added Elaine Welteroth.
Amanda Kloots is a former Broadway dancer and Radio City Rockette turned entrepreneur and celebrity trainer. She approaches life with positivity despite what challenges are thrown her way. Kloots is the creator of the global fitness brand AK! Fitness and the co-creator of the apparel company Hooray For®. Her first memoir, co-written with her sister, will be released in June 2021. A proud Ohio native, Kloots currently resides in Los Angeles with her son, Elvis.
Elaine Welteroth is the New York Times bestselling author of More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are No Matter What They Say. She is an award-winning journalist, producer and judge on "Project Runway." In April 2016, Welteroth became editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue, and the youngest Condé Nast editor in its 107-year history, as well as the second African American person to hold the title of editor-in-chief at the company. Previously, she held senior roles on the mastheads at Glamour and Ebony Magazine, and in 2012 became Conde Nast's first-ever African American Beauty Director. Welteroth is newly married and resides in Los Angeles.
THE TALK airs weekdays (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT/CT) on the CBS Television Network.
CBS' Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show THE TALK features a panel of well-known entertainment personalities discussing current events, pop culture, family, celebrity, and trending topics of the day. The daily one-hour series is currently hosted by Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood, Eve and Carrie Ann Inaba. The hosts exchange stories and share their opinions on issues and events in the headlines. The show also features celebrity guest interviews, musical performances and cooking segments, as well as human interest stories. Multi-Daytime Emmy Award winners Heather Gray and Kristin Matthews are executive producers/showrunners with Ed Horwitz, Steve Cunniff and Anjeanette Taylor serving as co-executive producers. THE TALK has earned 11 Daytime Emmy Awards (Outstanding Talk Show Entertainment 2016, 2018; writing 2015; host 2017) and 51 nominations. THE TALK also won the People's Choice Award (2016) for Daytime TV Hosting Team and the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Talk Series (2016).
- 'Chick Fight' Co-Stars Dulcé Sloan And Fortune Feimster Talk ... ›
- Chatting with the 'Game of Thrones' Cast at the World Premiere ... ›
- Inside The First Episode Of Drew Barrymore's New Talk Show ... ›
- Michelle Obama, Meryl Streep, Andra Day & Others Star In Popsugar's New Special 'Girl Talk' - Celebrity Page ›
- Sharon Osbourne Officially Announces Exits 'The Talk' - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Harry's New Hi-Tech Job, Sharon Osbourne Loses Spot on 'The Talk,' & More - Celebrity Page ›
- Sheryl Underwood Speaks Out About Sharon Osbourne's Exit from 'The Talk' - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Talk' Returns Monday With Their First Episode Since Sharon Osborne's Departure - Celebrity Page ›
- MJ Javid Breaks Down Her Friendship With Reza On New Season Of 'Shahs Of Sunset' - Celebrity Page ›
- Melissa Rivers Tells About Her Efforts To Raise Mental Health Awareness - Celebrity Page ›
- Full List: Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Talk' Has Been Renewed For A 12th Season, Sharon Osbourne's Replacement Yet To Be Announced - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrities Birthdays Today, January 11th - Celebrity Page ›
- NAACP Image Awards 2022: Celebrity Nominees and Performances - Celebrity Page ›
- Drew Barrymore Plans to Celebrate The 40th Anniversary of E.T. with Steven Spielberg & Her Daughters - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Morning Show' Renewed For Season Three - Celebrity Page ›
- TIME's 2022 Women of the Year - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Never Have I Ever' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season - Celebrity Page ›
- Inside True Thompson's Extravagant 4th Birthday - Celebrity Page ›
- 2022 Daytime Emmy Award Nominees - Celebrity Page ›
- Kelly Osbourne Is Pregnant With First Child - Celebrity Page ›