Starting in 2004, The X Factor UK version is responsible for producing stars such as singers Leona Lewis and Cher Lloyd, along with best selling boy band One Direction. The show has aired over 15 seasons and 445 episodes. Past judges included Sharon Osborne, Rita Ora, and Nicole Scherzinger. The last season aired in 2018, where Jamacian Singer Dalton Harris was declared the winner.
ITV, the British broadcaster that airs The X Factor, made a statement that said: "There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage."
However, this isn't the last we've heard from Cowell, as he has another project in the works. He is planning on resuming his role as judge in the musical game show titled Walk the Line, which will also be produced by ITV. In the show, a range of musical acts such as soloists, bands, and choirs compete for a cash prize, navigating a series of "high stake dilemmas."
"I'm very excited at giving musical talent the opportunity to transform their lives like never before." Cowell said in a statement on the ITV website.
- AGT's Simon Cowell Pushes Golden Buzzer For Cancer-Stricken ... ›
- harry-styles - Celebrity Page ›
- BREAKING NEWS: Jessica Walter Passes Away At Age 80 ... ›
- Liam Payne's New Song Is An Early Christmas Present - Celebrity ... ›
- Harry Styles Makes Adjustments To Tour Dates - Celebrity Page ›
- Netflix's 'My Unorthodox Life' Combines 'Housewives' Drama With 'The Devil Wears Prada' - Celebrity Page ›