Greece's Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis took to his social media to announce the news of two big stars obtaining citizenship!
Hanks has converted to Greek Orthodox and with Wilson being part Greek, the two have spent several vacations in Greece, owning property on the island of Antiparos.
Hanks and his family were granted honorary Greek citizenship after they brought attention to the damaging and deadly wildfire near Athens in 2018.
Also back in December of 2019, Greek Interior Minster Takis Theodorikakos gave a statement to CNN stating:
"Tom Hanks is a person who showed real interest in the people who suffered from the fire in Mati and promoted this issue in the global media."
- Tom Hanks' New WWII Movie Is Coming To Homes This Weekend ›
- The 'Apollo 13' Film Turns 25 Today. Here Are Some Fun Facts ... ›
- Our Top 5 Tom Hanks Performances - Celebrity Page ›
- Joseph Poliquin Spills On Working With Tom Hanks & Joseph-Gordon Levitt On His Debut Films - Celebrity Page ›
- Second Presidential Debate To Be Held Virtually, Trump Says He Will Not Participate - Celebrity Page ›