BREAKING NEWS: TV host and actor Regis Philbin has passed away at the age of 88 due to natural causes.
In a statement released to People, Philbin family shares:
"We are deeply saddened to share that our beloved Regis Philbin passed away last night of natural causes, one month shy of his 89th birthday...His family and friends are forever grateful for the time we got to spend with him – for his warmth, his legendary sense of humor, and his singular ability to make every day into something worth talking about. We thank his fans and admirers for their incredible support over his 60-year career and ask for privacy as we mourn his loss."
As one of the most prolific stars in Hollywood, Philbin's career spanned decades and touched the lives of all generations. From Live! with Regis and Kelly and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire to humble beginnings as a TV writer, Philbin was certainly the "host with the most."
Born in 1931, Philbin's story began in The Bronx, where he attended Cardinal Hayes High School before going on to the University of Notre Dame. In 1953, he received his degree in sociology. Prior to getting his start in TV, he served in the Navy and worked as a writer before ultimately going in front of the camera.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Philbin's family and friends during this time.
- Jon Hamm To Star in 'Fletch' Reboot - Celebrity Page ›
- Naya Rivera Confirmed Dead After Her Disappearance - Celebrity ... ›
- 'Dead to Me' Renewed For Third and Final Season - Celebrity Page ›
- Martha Stewart Has A New Show Coming To HGTV - Celebrity Page ›
- Our Favorite Regis Philbin Moments From His Legendary Career - Celebrity Page ›