Tyler Perry's Madea character was set to retire after 11 movies, but plans changed when news broke that the character would be back for a new Netflix movie, A Madea Homecoming.
Perry will be bringing the beloved femme character back one more time to add a 12th movie to the franchise. Perry will help write and direct this film on top of starring in it as well.
The first appearance of the character was in a play called I Can Do Bad All By Myself in 1999. Following that, Madea has been known for many other works including TV shows and movies.
Perry took to his social media accounts to break the news earlier today,
The movie is set to premiere in 2022 on Netflix and will be filmed at Tyler Perry Studios located in Atlanta, Ga. according to Fox News. As far as the plot goes, there are no details yet.
- Alise Willis Celebrates The Second Season Of Tyler Perry's 'Ruthless' ›
- Behind The Scenes Of Tyler Perry's "Camp Quarantine" & Filming ... ›
- Tyler Perry Speaks Out About Racial Injustice - Celebrity Page ›
- Tyler Perry Gives Back To The Community In Atlanta - Celebrity Page ›
- Netflix Debuts Comedic Trailer for 'Never Have I Ever' Season 2 - Celebrity Page ›
- Ted Lange & David Chokachi Team Up With Snoop Dogg For New Horror Film - Celebrity Page ›