Perry started his career by writing a stage play, before transitioning to film and television. He has since partnered with Oprah Winfrey and OWN and acquired his own studio, Tyler Perry Studios.
It was from Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia that Tyler Perry began giving away free food for the holidays. Cars lined up for miles after Perry announced his plan on social media. This has been an especially difficult year for many due to the COVID-19 pandemic; many more people are facing food insecurity, and of course many have suffered incredible loss.
Tyler Perry knows personally what it's like to struggle. He grew up in an environment that subjected him to physical and sexual abuse, didn't finish high school, and attempted suicide. In 2011, Forbes listed Tyler Perry as the highest paid man in entertainment. But the money and even the accolades aren't the true measures of Perry's success. Instead, we look to his strength, generosity, and courage, and his actions which serve as a testament to his integrity and goodwill. At the People's Choice Awards, he was named People's Champion:
Had I given up when I was homeless . . . these people that you see on the screen right now would not be a part of my dream.
- Watch How Perry Was Able to Film During Quarantine Here ... ›
- Tyler Perry to be Honored with the Governor's Award at the 2020 ... ›
- Behind The Scenes Of Tyler Perry's "Camp Quarantine" & Filming ... ›
- Tyler Perry Studios Feeds 5,000 Families Through TPSGiving Food ... ›
- Tyler Perry Speaks Out About Racial Injustice - Celebrity Page ›
- One-On-One: Stevie Baggs Jr. Chats 'Ruthless' & Working With Tyler Perry In "Camp Quarantine" - Celebrity Page ›
- Amazon Acquires MGM To Expand Entertainment Properties - Celebrity Page ›
- Tyler Perry Brings Back Character Madea for Netflix Movie - Celebrity Page ›