People are always shocked to find water in the desert! This is no mirage. MGM's Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas has an awesome aquarium and marine life exhibit. Now they're adding to it with a new Virtual Reality experience.
Undersea Explorer at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas
Getting into the Shark Reef has never been smoother (or safer). 🦈 Now featuring timed entry, extra line spacing,… https://t.co/K5Iuzvahmm— Mandalay Bay Resort (@Mandalay Bay Resort)1598369081.0
The newest addition to Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay is this immersive experience that features state-of-the-art, motion platform VR technology transporting you to the ocean's depths.
These experiences, created by Immotion's Emmy® Award-winning documentary team, presents live-action educational and adventurous content guided by marine biologists and wildlife experts. With a mission to support marine conservation through the creation of engaging events, "Undersea Explorer" features cutting-edge technology syncing 360-degree stereoscopic VR with dynamic motion seating for the ultimate below-the-sea adventure.
As part of the "Undersea Explorer" exhibition, attendees can explore various experiences including:
- "Shark Dive" – "Swim" with marine biologist Matthew Smukall and Shark Whisperer Mike Dornellas as they dive among tiger sharks and hammerheads. The dive features the world's first VR POV Shark Cam from a camera mounted on a shark's dorsal fin!
- "Swimming with Humpbacks" – Follow marine biologist/cameraman Jeff Hester as he sets out to learn about the behavior of mother humpback whales and their calves. Track a newborn and its mom undersea and see how the behavior of the mother evolves as the calf matures.
- Take a "Jawsome" selfie in the hyper-realistic shark cage, learn about the amazing anatomy of the humpback whale, track the real-time movement of sharks around the world and learn the secrets of the humpback whale songs – all activities guests can experience in the virtual undersea adventure pre-show area.
"At a time when getting out of the house feels like a luxury, it's a thrill to open our doors and let the public experience 'Undersea Explorer,'"
"We've created a safe, educational and adventurous way to explore underwater wildlife and hope that guests become passionate about oceanic conservation through this unique VR experience."
Health & Safety
- The "Undersea Explorer" pre-show activities and lobby abide by the six-foot physical distancing protocols.
- Theater seats are cleaned and the VR goggles are sanitized in a UV light machine after each viewing.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout the venue.
- Virtual Fireworks Show Reveal Giant LED Screen At Resort World ... ›
- Usher Is Coming To Vegas With A New Residency ›
- MGM Resorts International Will Resume Vegas Strip Shows In November - Celebrity Page ›