A magic piano? Count us in. Taylor Swift's new music video for "cardigan" is out now!
Along with the arrival of Taylor Swift's new album folklore, the star released a music video for the song "cardigan". The video starts with Swift's bare nails on old piano keys. We see her sitting in a dimly lit cabin with a fire going behind her. The vintage and down to earth (literally) vibes are consistent with the alternative, whimsical, sound of the album. The magic of the video starts as we see gold dripping out of the top lid of Swift's upright piano. Alice in Wonderland style, we see her stepping into the lid of the piano several times as she travels into the wilderness and back to the cabin again.
Swift not only co-wrote "cardigan" with Aaron Dessner, but also directed the music video. In her announcement of the video on Instagram, she thanks the production team while explaining how the music video was made with social distancing precautions in place:
"The entire shoot was overseen by a medical inspector, everyone wore masks, stayed away from each other, and I even did my own hair, makeup, and styling"
An Actual Cardigan
At the end of the video, we see an actual cardigan appear next to Swift on her piano bench. After being drenched from swimming in the ocean, she is seen putting the cable-knit on to warm up. As part of her folklore merch, fans are actually able to buy the same cardigan! For $49, the cardigan is available for purchase in one of three sizes.
"cardigan" and folklore are available now!
- The New Trailer For Beyoncé's "Black Is King" Film Debuts ... ›
- Taylor Swift Announces New Album 'Folklore' Will Debut Tonight ... ›
- Album Review: 'Folklore' From A Day One Swiftie - Celebrity Page ›
- American Idol: Daughtry & Scotty McCreery Focus On The Music In Quarantine! - Celebrity Page ›
- Taylor Swift's First Live Performance Of 'Folklore' Confirmed For ACM Awards - Celebrity Page ›