Jennifer Lopez has been entertaining and captivating audiences for nearly 30 years.
In 1986, Lopez made her film debut with a small role in My Little Girl. In 1991, she appeared as one of the "Fly Girls" in the comedy sketch show In Living Color and eventually left the show to focus on acting. In the mid-1990s she appeared in notable films like Jack and Anaconda. In 1999 she released her first debut album On the 6. Lopez broke the charts over the years with hit songs like "On The Floor", "Let's Get Loud", "Jenny From The Block" and has toured the world.
While achieving great success with her music career, her film career continued to grow starring in major films such as The Cell, Shall We Dance? and What to Expect When You're Expecting. In 2016, Lopez returned to television, producing and appearing on the crime drama Shades of Blue as NYPD detective and single-mother Harlee Santos and is currently a judge on the dance competition series World of Dance. In honor of the star's 51st birthday today (we cant believe it either), let's look back at some of her most memorable film performances.
Happy Birthday J. Lo!
In 1997 Lopez starred in her breakout role in the bio-pic film Selena, telling the story of the international superstar Selena Quintanilla-Pérez before she was murdered in 1995 at the age of 23. Lopez was highly commended for her performance and nominated in 1998 for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical" at the Golden Globes.
- Our Top 5 Joseph Gordon-Levitt Performances - Celebrity Page ›
- Our Top 5 Tom Hanks Performances - Celebrity Page ›
- Our Top 5 Rachel McAdams Performances - Celebrity Page ›
- Our Top 5 Will Ferrell Performances Throughout The Years ... ›
- In Honor Of Shark Week, Here Are Our Favorite Shark Films (video) - Celebrity Page ›
- Our Favorite Keanu Reeves Performances From His Career - Celebrity Page ›