Audiences can't get enough of the dark comedy-drama series.
Allison Tolman plays a timid and awkward housewife, who remains optimistic in the face of the world's cruelty.
"It's sort of based around a woman named Alma Filcot, my character, who is a wife and a mother. In her middle age is starting to have wider ambitions," Tolman said.
The first season of Why Women Kill featured actresses Ginnifer Goodwin, Lucy Liu, and Kirby Howell-Baptiste, but given the show's anthology format, this second installment has a brand new cast and storyline.
Season two centers around Filcot as she attempts to increase her social standing by joining an exclusive gardening club. Within this garden club, elite women of 1940s Los Angeles set impossible standards that Filcot would literally kill to achieve.
Upon entry into the club, Filcot meets this season's villain, fellow housewife Rita Castillo (Lana Parrilla). From there, hijinx, romance, and murder ensue.
"This is a really lovely playground where we get to see a woman gain some control and get a little agency," Tolman said.
Actor Nick Frost who plays Tolman's husband, Bertram Filcot, describes the unique push and pull audiences will feel towards this season's characters.
"There's lots of characters here that you should not feel sorry for at all, you shouldn't cheer for, and you shouldn't like, but they're kind of adorable," Frost said.
Watch Why Women Kill now on Paramount+.
- 'iCarly' Revival Shows Sneak Peek In New Trailer - Celebrity Page ›
- Why Women Kill - Celebrity Page ›
- The Roles That Made Lucy Liu A Household Name - Celebrity Page ›
- Paramount-Plus - Celebrity Page ›
- What to Expect from 'Why Women Kill' Season 2 on Paramount+ ... ›
- What To Watch Today, July 29th - Celebrity Page ›
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye's Instagram Posts Cause 'Emotional Distress' - Celebrity Page ›