After months of protesting, petitions and legislation passed in the fight towards racial equality in the United States, Will Smith joins political commentator and friend Angela Rye to talk about the policing and bias in America.
A tough but important conversation
Smith talks about his upbringing in Philadelphia and being called racial slurs by police, yet going to a predominately white Catholic school where his peers were happy to see the police. In the interview, he addresses recent events by saying:
"Peaceful protests put up a mirror to the demonic imagery of your oppressor."
Even after fame, Will Smith talks about wanting to play a key role in emancipation. He wants to educate children and is pledging his devotion to the community evolution and creating the greatest harmony we can.
- Your Favorite Celebs Are Joining Youtube! - Celebrity Page ›
- How To Relive Your Childhood On HBO Max - Celebrity Page ›
- Vacation Goals Have Been Set by These Celebrity Families ... ›
- Celeb Birthdays for Today, July 8 - Celebrity Page ›
- Black Mirror Creator Posts 'Death to 2020' Teaser On Twitter - Celebrity Page ›