Army of the Dead is a zombie heist thriller bringing the perils of the apocalypse straight to the screen. The film, which is currently working in post production, is scheduled for a future release on Netflix's streaming platform. While the movie has yet to even be completed, the entertainment company has already signed a deal with creator, Zack Snyder, with plans to expand the Army of the Dead universe.
This is a huge deal for Snyder who said in a press release:
"I'm incredibly excited for the opportunity to partner with Netflix again as we expand the Army of the Dead universe with both an international prequel, as well as exploring the visually dynamic world of animation. It's been a great collaboration and we are thrilled that Netflix sees this as big of an IP as we do."
Fans of the movie will be delighted to know they won't have to wait too much longer before seeing another addition to the IP.
One of the film's original writers, Shay Hatten, is already set to write the prequel and anime series. Zack Snyder will be directing two episodes of the series, titled, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas.
Production of the prequel will begin soon in Germany.
- Netflix Reveals New Streaming Plan For 'The Circle' & 'Too Hot To Handle' - Celebrity Page ›
- Trailer for Zack Snyder's 'Army of the Dead' Released - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Army of the Dead' Director Zack Snyder Talks With Us About His New Film - Celebrity Page ›
- Dave Bautista Tells Us About Combining Zombie and Heist Themes For 'Army of the Dead' - Celebrity Page ›
- New Jane Austen Adaptation in the Works - Celebrity Page ›
- WATCH: New Trailer for Western Film 'The Harder They Fall' Coming to Netflix - Celebrity Page ›