With the Netflix reunion for Father of the Bride taking place this evening, we decided to break down five fun facts that you might not know about the beloved movie.
5. The 1991 film is actually a remake. The original Father of the Bride premiered in 1950 and stared Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor. It was even nominated for three Oscars!
4. This was Kimberly Williams-Paisley's film debut. The studio initially wanted to cast Phoebe Cates as the lead, but she was pregnant. Ultimately, they decided to go with Kimberly.
3. Kieran Culkin was also a "new bee" on set. This was the Succession star's first major speaking role.
2. The iconic wedding planner in the film, known as "Franck," was based on real-life celebrity wedding planner Kevin Lee. You might recognize him from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
1. Williams-Paisley revealed that the most difficult scene to film was the "blender" scene. After doing countless takes without being able to shed any tears, she finally made it happen. Though, she told ABC News, it was actually out frustration and feeling like a failure. Still, it worked well and reportedly made it into the final edit!
You can catch the Father of the Bride reunion today, at 6 pm ET/ 3 pm PT, on Netflix's YouTube channel and Facebook page.
- Dennis Quaid Teases 'Innerspace' Reunion - Celebrity Page ›
- Katie Couric Hosts 'The Parent Trap' Reunion - Celebrity Page ›
- Make Sure to RSVP For Netflix's 'Father of the Bride' Reunion Special ›