After finding Amber Heard liable for defamation in a suit brought on by her ex-husband Johny Depp, the actress' sister shared some words of support.
The high profile defamation case that took place in a Virginia courtroom came to an end last week. After hours of deliberation, the jury found that the "Aquaman" actress was liable for defaming Depp. Though the suit was originally for $50 million, the 58-year-old actor was awarded $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages.
According to E News, the punitive damages cost was later reduced to $350,000 by judge Penney Azcarate, which is Fairfax's legal limit.
Whitney Henriquez, who testified in the trial, took to Instagram to share words of support for her sister. With an image of a black square with the hashtag "I stand with Amber Heard" written in white letters, Henriquez wrote:
"We knew that this was going to be an uphill battle and that the cards were stacked against us. But you stood up and spoke out regardless. I am so honored to testify for you, and I would do it a million times over because I know what I saw and because the truth is forever on your side."
Heard countersued for $100 million, and was awarded $2 million in compensatory damages. She took to Instagram and Twitter to share her thoughts after the verdict was announced.
In her post she wrote:
"I believe Johnny's attorneys succeeded in getting the jury to overlook the key issue of Freedom of Speech and ignore evidence that was so conclusive that we won in the UK."
Heard and her attorney have also announced plans to appeal the decision.
- Chloe Colleton - Celebrity Page ›
- Jason Momoa Makes A Call To 'Aquaman' Superfan Battling Cancer ... ›
- Isabella Lieberman - Celebrity Page ›
- Kate Moss Denies Johnny Depp Pushed Her Down the Stairs ... ›
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Trial to be Aired on TV - Celebrity ... ›
- Amber Heard's Lawyer Says She Can't Pay Money She Owes ... ›
- Drew Barrymore Apologizes for Comments About Johnny Depp ... ›
- A Recap of Amber Heard's Tearful Testimony Against Johnny Depp ... ›
- Dominic Fike Faces Backlash Over Amber Heard Comments ... ›
- Johnny Depp Hires 'Making a Murderer' Attorney Kathleen Zellner in ... ›
- Amber Heard Stands by Her Testimony - Celebrity Page ›