On June 8th, 2018, the world received word that chef, author, and TV personality Anthony Bourdain passed away at the age of 61.
From his acclaimed books like Medium Raw and Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly to his groundbreaking TV shows No Reservations and Parts Unknown, Bourdain's life and work has no doubt changed the world in more ways than one.
Today, Bourdain would have turned 64 years old. In those 64 years, he delivered quotes that are not only memorable, but are words to live by. Through his adventures as a struggling kid in Provincetown, a chef in New York City, and a world renowned celebrity, Bourdain's collection of experiences provide a legacy of curiosity, pleasure, and gratitude.
In honor of the man who brought food and travel to the forefront, we're taking a closer look at some of his most iconic quotes (in no particular order). During these difficult times we're living in, we can all learn something from the man his friends called "Tony".
"Food is everything we are. It's an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It's inseparable from those from the get-go."
- Phil Rosenthal Supports "We All Play Our Part," a Benefit for MPTF ... ›
- 'Top Chef' Host Padma Lakshmi To Release New Children's Book ... ›
- Let's Play Ball! MLB Is Back For 60-Game Season - Celebrity Page ›
- The Ghost Hunters Talk Ghost Nation on Travel Channel - Celebrity ... ›
- New Anthony Bourdain Documentary Captures His Life & Legacy - Celebrity Page ›