In an interview with Andy Muschietti, director of the upcoming superhero film The Flash, he confirmed that Affleck is set to return to his role. It was also confirmed Michael Keaton will appear as the Caped Crusader.
The Flash is said to be inspired by the "Flashpoint" storyline from the comics. In that story, Ezra Miller stars as Barry Allen who uses his powers to go back in time and save his mother from being murdered. This allows Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton to play the same character in two different versions of reality.
In the interview, Muschietti stated:
"His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong, which is his masculinity—because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline —but he's also very vulnerable."
Muschietti also stated:
"He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance."
Previously, Affleck said he would not return, but now things seem to have changed. Robert Pattinson is also set to star as Batman in a new solo series. DC Fandome is set for this weekend, so even more news is expected to be released!
- 'DC FanDome' Virtual Event To Be Held In August - Celebrity Page ›
- All 8 Harry Potter Films Are Coming to NBC Peacock - Celebrity Page ›
- Warner Bros. Studio Tours Have Gone Virtual! - Celebrity Page ›
- DC And Warner Bros Sign Multiyear Deal With Spotify - Celebrity Page ›
- What's New On HBO Max: August 2020 - Celebrity Page ›
- Michael Keaton In Talks To Reprise His Role As Batman In New ... ›
- It's Batman Day! Here's How to Celebrate - Celebrity Page ›