Borderline follows the relationship of Maria and Steve. Their love fest is cut short after Maria gets deported and the two have to decided between two options: dropping this potential love or getting married.
The logline for the new series reads,
"After goody two-shoes Steve falls for reckless Maria, their whirlwind romance is cut short when she gets deported. Now they must decide whether to bail on the potential love of their lives or take a leap of faith and get married. Can two completely different people who barely know each other live happily ever after? Absolutely not, but they're going to try."
This single-camera series deals with issues audiences don't tend to see in romantic comedies. At the same time, this series showcases a very real issue that is prevalent in our world, especially today.
Executive Producer Chris Encell
Vote! Get your friends and neighbors to vote. You’ve waited 2 years for this! Today is all that matters. Vote. Vote… https://t.co/8y5wFTriHi— Chris (WEAR A MASK!) (@Chris (WEAR A MASK!))1541528584.0
Encell was/is a writer for The Good Place (2016-2020), On My Block (2018-now), and Housebroken. As a Mexican American, Encell is shining light on immigration through this new project and will be executive producing with Danny Chun.
ABC Development Stage
There is no official cast or premiere date for the new series at the moment.
- Kerry Washington Renews Overall Deal With ABC - Celebrity Page ›
- New Netflix Documentary 'Immigration Nation' Explores ICE And ... ›
- Changes Are Coming To 'The Bachelor' To Represent More Diversity ›
- Tayshia Reflects On Black Lives Matter: Recapping The Latest Episode 'The Bachelorette' - Celebrity Page ›
- Copy of Tayshia Reflects On Black Lives Matter: Recapping The Latest Episode 'The Bachelorette' - Celebrity Page ›
- Candice Bergen Is Set To Guest Star On 'The Conners' ›
- 'The Simpsons' Recasting Dr. Hibbert - Celebrity Page ›