Pop-star Brittney Spears is set to testify in the conservatorship case made famous by the #FreeBritney movement on social media
Fans of the pop-star have been suspicious about her relationship with her father Jamie Spears for quite some time. The #FreeBritney movement gave Spears support in her ongoing fight to have her father removed as her conservator.
Framing Britney Spears is a 2021 Hulu documentary that placed the #FreeBritney movement at an all time high. Jamie spears has had this conservatorship power over her life since 2008 and the star has been fighting to remove him in court since 2020.
Britney did not enjoy the documentary as she was "embarrassed" with how she was portrayed.
"My situation is unique, but I promise I'm doing what's best at this moment... You may not know this about me, but I am strong, and stand up for what I want!" -Britney Spears on Instagram, 2019
Conservatorship cases are usually only present with elderly or incapacitated individuals, so Britney's case is in fact very unique. The case has been focused on even more by the public because Britney's social media accounts do not discuss the situation at all and often post completely unrelated content.
Britney Spears fans and those that appreciate pop culture generally should stay up to date with this situation as it continues to unfold. Britney is testifying in court today and we are sure to get some more information on her situation and what the future has in store.
- WATCH: New Teaser for Netflix's Live-Action 'Cowboy Bebop' Series ... ›
- britney-spears - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Has Plans to Speak About Her Conservatorship in ... ›
- Inside The New Britney Spears Documentary - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Breaks Her Silence - Celebrity Page ›
- Jamie Lynn Spears Speaks Out Regarding Britney Spears' Conservatorship - Celebrity Page ›