Dustin Hoffman will return to Broadway in a Bartlett Sher-directed revival of Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer Prize-winning Our Town. https://t.co/LXn8LWsYEW— Playbill (@playbill) July 1, 2020
Playbill has revealed that Hoffman will be playing the role of the Stage Manager in the beloved play. Scott Rudin is on board to produce the production alongside Bartlett Sher (To Kill A Mockingbird) as director.
Deadline has also revealed that there are no specifics about the production as of yet, since the COVID-19 pandemic has caused Broadway to shut down through at least January 3rd, 2021.
Dustin Hoffman's Broadway Career
This is not the first time that Hoffman has appeared on the Broadway stage. Playbill has revealed that Hoffman was last seen as Shylock in the 1989 production of The Merchant of Venice, in which his performance secured him a Tony Award nomination. That production opened after Hoffman won an Oscar for his role in Rain Man.
What The Play Is All About
The show follows the inhabitants of a small New England town as they grow up, get married and discover the beauty of life. It has been revived on Broadway three times before in 1938, 1969, and 1988. Its fourth revival in 2002 saw Paul Newman playing the role of the Stage Manager.
- We've Got Trouble! Hugh Jackman And Sutton Foster Revival Of ... ›
- A Second Trailer For 'Hamilton' Drops Before July 3rd Premiere On ... ›
- 'Narcos' Producer Adapting 'The Phantom Of The Opera' For ... ›
- Broadway Stars Gather For Virtual Benefit to Support The ... ›
- Playbill's Launches 'Checking In With...' Series With Broadway Stars ... ›
- Broadway And TV Collide For Daveed Diggs - Celebrity Page ›
- Christie Brinkley is back in 'Chicago' on Broadway! - Celebrity Page ›
- Broadway Shows That Won't Get Their Shining Moment - Celebrity ... ›
- Broadway Will Remain Closed Through 2020 - Celebrity Page ›
- Broadway Content To Stream At Home - Celebrity Page ›