The host of the popular ABC reality program The Bachelor Chris Harrison has announced he will step down from the program after his defense of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant on the show, was accused of a racist past.
Harrison offered a formal apology on his Twitter, in addition to his step-down announcement on Instagram, saying that his intentions were not meant to be in defense of racist rhetoric, but rather to give Rachael an opportunity to speak for herself.
In the interview, Harrison defended Rachael Kirkconnell's appearance at a 2018 fraternity formal that had an antebellum plantation theme. Kirkconnell has been largely speculated to be the winner of this season, and is definitely a frontrunner in the current season of the show. He asked for the whole story to be heard in reference to her past, attempting to offer Kirkconnell an opportunity to speak on her own behalf.
For more TV and Streaming news, click here.
- Celebrities React To The News Of Alex Trebek's Passing - Celebrity ... ›
- Howard Stern Gives His Two Cents On 'The Bachelorette' - Celebrity ... ›
- Chris Harrison - Celebrity Page ›
- JoJo Fletcher to Fill in for Chris Harrison as Host on Upcoming ... ›
- Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo Address 'Bachelor' Controversy, Call For Equality (Exclusive) - Celebrity Page ›
- Bachelor News: Clare Crawley and Dale Moss Spotted Kissing, Matt James Hometowns Night, Hannah Brown Engaged - Celebrity Page ›
- Rachel Lindsay on Who She'd Choose as the Next Bachelor Host - Celebrity Page ›